IGCSE Schools in Bangalore
International education and experience make people aware that understanding the world is very much a part of the requirement of education process. JHS believes in this to enable students to learn a positive but critical approach to problem solving, to think globally and to create responsible global citizens utilizing international curricula, fully compliant with principles of student centered learning.
University of Cambridge International Examinations is the world’s largest provider of international education programs and qualifications for 5-19 year olds. The programs and qualifications are carefully designed to engage your learners and give them solid foundations to achieve high levels of academic and personal attainment.
Cambridge Secondary 1 is typically for learners aged 11 to 14 years. It develops learner skills and understanding in English, Mathematics and Science for the first three years of secondary education.
With the ever growing demand for IGCSE and the pressure from parents, the school has launched grade VII from 2012-13 session onwards.
The Lower Secondary Program has been developed to link seamlessly with the Cambridge International Primary Program and provides standardized tests to allow careful monitoring of progress from primary to lower secondary phases. It also provides excellent preparation for students embarking on IGCSE or any other National curriculum.
JHS successfully started imparting the Cambridge curriculum from 2012 onwards with grade VII to grade IX (LSP).
The subjects offered are as follows:
- Hindi, French
- Information Technology
- Visual Arts
- This course provides broad knowledge and develops creative thinking, application orientation for the concepts learned and enquiry into every aspect of the learning.
- Good IGCSE grades count towards entry to universities and colleges around the world.
- IGCSE offers students flexible course of study that gives them the freedom to select the subjects that are right for them.
- Study and examination at IGCSE provide a broad knowledge base and learning skills that provide excellent preparation for higher studies and employment.
Performing arts are art forms in which artists use their body or voice to convey artistic expression. It is a performance presented to an audience, traditionally interdisciplinary. Performance may be either scripted or unscripted.
Activities also have been designed at JHS with the objective of inculcating the art of expression using different forms. Drama and theatre participation will develop lot of skills like gesture, facial expression, characterization, concentration, focus, control on body movements, role play, connecting with audience. These sessions are conducted by the professionals in the field.
- It’s been proven that early exposure to visual art, music, drama promotes activity in the brain.
- Art nurtures inventiveness as it engages children in a process that aids in the development of self-esteem, self discipline, co-operation & self motivation.
- Participating in art activities helps a child to gain the tools necessary for understanding human experience, adapting to and respecting other ways of working and thinking, developing creative problem solving skills, and communicating thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways.
At JHS, the students specialize in any one of the following ‘Performing Arts’ under the supervision of a qualified trainer / theatre group. Sessions are held twice a week for 1½ hours i.e. on Monday’s & Saturday’s. Our offerings are:
- Mime (Theatre) - Mr. Chidanand Kulkarni
- Yakshagana – Mr. Radhakrishna Urala
- Free Style (Dance) – Mr. Pratap
Grade 2 onwards:
- Classical Vocal
- Classical Dance (Bharatanatyam / Kathak) – Mrs. Soumya
- Contemporary Dance – Mr. Somshekar
- Keyboard – Mr. Prakash
- Drums (Grade 3) – Mr. Venugopal & Mr. venkatesh
- Guitar – Mr. Saimendra
- Free Style - Mr. Pratap
- Yakshagana – Mr. Radhakrishna Urala
- Theatre – Mr. Chidananda Kulkarni
Sports is essential to every child’s development as good play experiences can turn a child into a well balanced grown up and prepare him/ her with the essential life skills needed to live a well balanced life.
Based o the above maxim JHS has introduced sports right from Fundamentals to the higher grade students. Each child in JHS is exposed to different games like Cricket, Mini Tennis, Football, Basket Ball and other recreation games. Playing games will help them to improve their coordination which is very important to play any sport and motor abilities to rum, jump etc.
Jain Heritage School has assembled the finest professional, national and international coaching and instructional staff who posses an immense experience in their individual sports. Children’s are introduced to sports at their fundamental level which helps them to build the physical strength, the stamina, the mental prowess and leadership attributes to be a winner of tomorrow in any field of activity.
Students belonging to the age group of 6 to 14 years are given professional sports training. JHS offers 2½ hours of specialized sports training in Basketball, Football, Billiards, Cricket, Tennis, Table Tennis and Swimming.